2005-12-15

Nuts about nuts!

I need to remove the nuts for both the clutch basket and the alternator rotor, but since I don’t have the special holding tools I needed to figure out something else. A friend at work recently bought an electric impact nut runner (is that the correct English expression?) for changing tyres on his car, so I borrowed the machine and tried it on the Ducati engine. It was a complete success! It was enough to hold the flywheel and clutch center still by hand. Since I don’t had the correct heavy duty hex sockets, I was very careful using gloves and protective glasses in case a socket would break, but they where OK.

The nut runner was all right for loosening the nuts, but I need to get the proper holding tools for the assembly as I need to use torque wrench to get the right tightening torque.

No comments: